05 Nov Inspection & Testing
About This Course
Any work that has been carried out on an electrical installation will have to meet the British standards according to the BS7671 wiring regulations (18th edition). To ensure this can be achieved a planned, organised and complete method of inspecting and testing of the installation will have to be undertaken by the electrician.
This is where we come in! We deliver the City & Guilds 2391-52 course and this has been designed to give you the theoretical and practical knowledge to perform each aspect of the process confidently.
This course caters for those people working in the electrical industry and have good technical skills and some degree of knowledge and experience of inspecting and testing electrical installations. Currently, this 2391 qualification is a requirement for those who want to gain a JIB grading as an approved electrician. Therefore, they are essential for those who wish to further develop their knowledge and practical skills or gain/update their formal qualifications that are both recognised and highly regarded within the industry.
Here at Amplo training, we offer the following inspection and testing course:
City and Guilds 2391-52 Level 3 Award in the Initial Verification and Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations
This 2391-52 course (formerly known as the City and Guilds 2394 and 2395) is a combination of the 2391-50 and 2391-51 qualifications. It has been designed to enable existing electricians to gain the qualification in a more accessible, simpler process. This course will help to improve your understanding of the legal requirements, the theoretical and practical principles for the initial verification and periodic inspection and testing and the associated certification of an electrical installation.
The key aspects of this qualification include:
- When an initial verification of the electrical installation is required
- Safe isolation of the circuits and installation
- Confirming safety of electrical system and equipment prior to completion of inspection, testing and commissioning
- Procedure for the visual inspection
- The correct selection and use of the instruments for testing
- Requirements for the safe testing and commissioning of electrical installations
- When a periodic inspection and test of the electrical installation is required
- What is required for a periodic inspection and testing
- Procedure for testing circuits before they are energised (dead tests)
- Procedure for testing circuits once energised (live tests)
- Correct analysis and interpretation of the results
- Correct completion of certification and documentation
- Information to be recorded in a condition report including test results, recording of observations and classification groups
- Correct completion of the electrical installation condition report and documentation
- Fault finding and rectification of circuits
These courses are aimed at practising electricians that have previous experience of inspection and testing and are looking to further their knowledge and practical skills for a range of new and existing electrical installations. The candidate must be over 18 years old and have a good knowledge and understanding of the BS 7671 Wiring Regulations.
City & Guilds 2391-52 Level 3 Award in the Initial Verification and Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations
IET Wiring Regulations BS 7671:2018 Requirements for Electrical Installations, 18th Edition – ISBN No: 978-1785611704
IET Guidance Note 3: Inspection & Testing, 8th Edition – ISBN No: 978-1785614521
City & Guilds 2391-52 Level 3 Award in the Initial Verification and Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations.
For further information about the course or availability of alternative course dates call us on 0121 553 3665 or alternatively complete the ‘submit your interest’ request form and we will get back to you.